Gainesville Garbage Disposal Repair and Installation Services
Is your broken garbage disposal leading to clogged drains? Call (352) 472-7385 to repair or replace your unit. Click here to access our online discounts and specials.
At Scarborough Plumbing, LLC. in Gainesville, Florida, we pride ourselves in helping our customers to maintain a well-run home that is free of damaged plumbing. Part of what we do is to ensure that our customers keep a garbage disposal running that allows them to dispose of food scraps without having them sit in the sink and stink up the kitchen. As part of our service, we want to provide you with information that will help you to better understand your garbage disposal.
If you’re experiencing clogs or garbage disposal malfunctions, call us today. We will dispatch a technician right away to take care of your Gainesville garbage disposal services.
Want to know what our customers are saying about us? Check out our reviews!
What are some garbage disposals issues?
Some common issues homeowners face with their garbage disposal include:
- Disposal won’t work when you turn it on. This may be due to a shortage in your power. There should be a small red button underneath the unit, which is the reset button. If you reset the breaker, and there is still no power, we will come check to see whether your disposal may need to be replaced.
- Your disposal is jammed. Your disposal can jam if foods or other objects are placed into the disposal that can’t be processed. In the event that this happens, we will come to your house to work at unjamming your disposal. Although many disposals have a spot for a wrench to be used to clear jams, some do not. We will figure out the best approach to take to unjam your disposal.
- The disposal is leaking. If you notice that your disposal is leaking, call us as soon as possible to avoid ruining your cabinets. If the leak is coming from the drain, we can simply replace the rubber gasket. However, if the leak is coming from the body of the disposal, we may have to look at replacing the entire disposal.
- The disposal is louder than normal. If you notice that your disposal is making more noise than normal, it is important that you call us as soon as possible because important pieces to the disposal may be coming loose. We will come to check the screws, bearings, flyweights, and lugs to see if anything needs to be replaced or tightened.
- The disposal causes your drain to clog. If this is the case, we will come to your house to take the trap apart, and then use a snake to clear the clog. We will then reassemble everything and make sure that everything is working as it should.
It can be difficult to determine whether the disposal should be repaired or replaced. That is what we are here for.
When should you repair or replace your unit?
There are a variety of factors that we consider before determining whether to repair or replace a garbage disposal. Each situation poses unique problems, and it is our job to determine whether the disposal can be fixed. We will always walk through the options with you so that you can determine what is best for your current situation. It is always our goal to save you as much money as possible.
What are some easy maintenance tips?
Here are five easy ways that you can take care of your disposal on your own to keep us from having to completely replace your disposal:
- Keep your disposal clean.
- Run the disposal regularly.
- Grind peels from citrus fruits.
- Cut large items into small pieces.
- Grind food with a steady flow of cold water.
With this in mind, keep up maintenance to ensure that your disposal remains in the best shape possible. When something does come up, we will be here for you. Call us at (352) 472-7385.